Wednesday 8 August 2012

From a Poem to Real Life

The second poem I wrote about in my life was about looking for-and waiting wistfully for-my kindred spirit, even if it was solely a gal or guy pal, not a husband.

     I spent my life looking everywhere.  After many years I even forgot what I was looking for... just something lost to me.

     I have always had everything else I could ever have wanted in life, except for this one thing, the only thing I really ever cared about.

     Then one day while I was volunteering to help street people-where I also sang-there he was.  He was volunteering and he also played the guitar.  He was eccentric but cute, big but gentle.

     We are a duet together all of the time in our lives now.  Like Paul McCartney and his Linda, we are never apart.  He is reading magazines right now in the same library while I am writing this.





No comments:

Post a Comment